Twice annually, the Australian Construction Industry Forum (ACIF) publish a series of detailed economic forecasts for the building and construction industry.
Overseen by ACIF’s Construction Forecasting Council (CFC) and produced by one of industry's leading economists, these forecasts have developed a reputation for providing decision makers with reliable and highly accurate data with which to plan, as well as a big picture overview of Australian market trends.
Key features include:
- Released twice annually (May and November)
- 10-year outlook
- Residential building, non-residential building and engineering construction work
- Public and private sector projects
- Over 6,000 major projects captured
- Based on credible sources including ABS, CoreLogic and expert economic reports
- Scrutinised by a panel of economists and industry experts from finance, housing, commercial property and more.
Forecasts are published in the Australian Construction Market Report and are also available via the ACIF Customised Forecasts Dashboard, which allows users to filter data based on a variety of parameters including their preferred market segment and locality.
Options for data analysis include:
- Building and construction work—forecast and actual
- Construction costs
- Labour requirements
- Over 20 work different types
- Locations by states and/or capital cities