Working safely with flammable refrigerants
This course covers specialised procedures for servicing and repairs to achieve the effective and efficient operation of primarily self-contained air conditioning and refrigeration equipment using a flammable refrigerant.
It reinforces safe working practice and encompasses applying specialised knowledge of refrigeration principles that apply to flammable refrigerants, following service manuals, testing, locating and rectifying faults and defective components and completing the necessary service documentation.
This course is suitable for refrigeration and air conditioning technicians responsible for installing, commissioning, servicing, repairing and maintaining residential or commercial refrigeration and air conditioning systems containing flammable refrigerants.
A person undertaking this course must have:
• A Certificate III in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning from the UEE11 Electrotechnology Training Package or equivalent.
• A refrigerant handling licence issued by the Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC)
• A Victorian plumbing registration issued by the Victorian Building Authority in the class of Refrigerated Air Conditioning.
Upon successful completion of this course
• Prepare to work with flammable refrigerants.
• Apply safe working practices to flammable refrigerants
• Follow workplace procedures for hazard identification and risk control of flammable refrigerants
• Prepare to work with A2/A2L Flammable refrigerants
• Recover, pressure/leak test, evacuate and charge systems using A2/A2L classified refrigerant
• Prepare to service and repair flammable refrigerants refrigeration and air conditioning systems
• Repair and service flammable refrigerants refrigeration and air conditioning systems
• Complete and report servicing and repairing flammable refrigerants refrigeration and air conditioning systems
Delivery and assessment
This two-day course is delivered by a qualified trainer at the Refrigeration and Climate Control Centre of Excellence, Box Hill Institute.
Assessment for this course includes:
• Day 1 An online assessment covering theory and knowledge
• Day 2 A practical assessment of skills and competency at Box Hill
Students who successfully complete this course will receive a Statement of Attainment from Box Hill Institute for the following accredited units:
• UEERA0007 Apply safety awareness and legal requirements for hydrocarbon
• UEERA0084 Service and repair self-contained flammable refrigerants air conditioning and refrigeration systems
• VU22583 Handle A2/A2L flammable refrigerant
Note: VU22583 Handle A2/A2L flammable refrigerant can also be delivered as an individual course.
Completion of this course can also be used as elective courses for the Course in Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning Services (22329VIC).
Cost and payment
This course is offered by Box Hill Institute at the industry rate of $1,100.
Refund and cancellation policy
This course is subject to the Terms and Conditions offered by Box Hill Institute of TAFE.
This full day course is offered six times throughout 2022.
|Day 1 (Theory)
||Day 2 (Practical)
How to register
Registrations can be made by phone Box Hill Refrigeration Department.03 9286 9295