Working safely with CO² refrigerant
This course covers specialised procedures for servicing and repairs to achieve the effective and efficient operation of refrigeration equipment using carbon dioxide (CO2) as a refrigerant excluding self-contained systems.
It reinforces safe working practice and encompasses applying specialised knowledge of refrigeration principles that apply to carbon dioxide, following service manuals, testing, locating and rectifying faults and defective components and completing the necessary service documentation.
This course is suitable for refrigeration and air conditioning technicians responsible for installing, commissioning, servicing, repairing and maintaining residential or commercial refrigeration and air conditioning systems containing hydrocarbon refrigerants.
A person undertaking this course must have:
• A Certificate III in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning from the UEE11 Electrotechnology Training Package or equivalent.
• A refrigerant handling licence issued by the Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC)
• A Victorian plumbing registration issued by the Victorian Building Authority in the class of Refrigerated Air Conditioning.
Furthermore, it is essential that students undertaking this course hold competency standards in the following courses:
• UEENEEJ111A Diagnose and rectify faults in air conditioning and refrigeration systems and components
• UEENEEJ113A Commission air conditioning and air conditioning.
Upon successful completion of course UEERA0006, students will be able to:
• Prepare to work with CO² refrigerant
• Apply safe work practices in using CO²refrigerant
• Follow workplace procedures for hazard identification and risk control of CO²refrigerant
• Prepare to service CO² refrigeration system
• Service and repair CO² refrigeration system
• Complete work and report on servicing CO² refrigeration system
Delivery and assessment
This two-day course is delivered by a qualified trainer at the Refrigeration and Climate Control Centre of Excellence, Box Hill Institute.
• Day 1 – Theory and knowledge: Online or classroom delivery
• Day 2 – Practical: Delivered at Box Hill Institute.
Assessment for this course includes:
• An online examination covering theory and knowledge (day 1)
• A practical assessment of skills and competency (day 2)
Students who successfully complete this course will receive a Statement of Attainment from Box Hill Institute for the following accredited units
• UEERA0006 Apply safety awareness and legal requirements for carbon dioxide refrigerant.
• UEERA0066 Repair and service carbon dioxide refrigeration systems
Completion of these courses can also be used as elective courses for the Course in Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning Services (22329VIC).
Cost and payment
This course is offered by Box Hill Institute at the industry rate of $880.
Refund and cancellation policy
This course is subject to the Terms and Conditions offered by Box Hill Institute of TAFE.
This full day course is offered six times throughout 2022.
|Day 1 (Theory)
||Day 2 (Practical)
How to register
Registrations can be made by phone Box Hill Refrigeration Department - 03 9286 9295