Maintain control devices and systems
This course sets out the knowledge and skills required to operate and maintain heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) control devices and systems within a framework of achieving energy efficiencies and meeting sustainable energy targets.
This includes operating and maintaining hardware and software, and tuning system performance and, interpreting and updating control diagrams as well as skills in interpreting control system specifications and OHS requirements.
This course is suitable for refrigeration and air conditioning technicians responsible for installing, commissioning, servicing, repairing and maintaining residential or commercial refrigeration and air conditioning systems containing A2/A2L classified flammable refrigerants. These activities are likely to be undertaken without supervision.
A person undertaking this course shall have:
• A trade level qualification or equivalent experience
• A refrigerant handling licence issued by the Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC)
• A Victorian plumbing registration issued by the Victorian Building Authority in the class of Refrigerated Air Conditioning.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Prepare to test, tune and maintain control systems.
• Operate HVAC control hardware and software systems
• Tune HVAC control and software systems
• Maintain HVAC system and manage energy consumption
• Finalise HVAC operating and maintenance activities
Delivery and assessment
This two-day course is delivered by a qualified trainer at the Refrigeration and Climate Control Centre of Excellence, Box Hill Institute.
• Day 1 – Theory and knowledge: Online or classroom delivery
• Day 2 – Practical: Delivered at Box Hill Institute.
Assessment for this course includes:
• An online examination covering theory and knowledge (day 1)
• A practical assessment of skills and competency (day 2)
Students who successfully complete this course will receive a Statement of Attainment from Box Hill Institute for Maintain control systems (VU21958).
Completion of this course can also be used as an elective course for the Course in Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning Services (22329VIC).
Cost and payment
This course is offered by Box Hill Institute at the industry rate of $440.
Refund and cancellation policy
This course is subject to the Terms and Conditions offered by Box Hill Institute of TAFE.
This full day course is offered six times throughout 2022.
How to register
Registrations can be made by phone Box Hill Refrigeration Department - 03 9286 9295